[mythtv-users] Channel icons in EPG stretched

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 02:47:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Robert McNamara <
> robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You're looking at the wrong XML.  In fact, I'm not sure *what* XML you are
>> looking at, as there is no buttonlist named channels in any of the EPG
>> screens.  Sounds like you are looking at one thing (perhaps the recpriority
>> window) and assuming that it's something else.
>>
>> EPG channel icons are found in the channellist buttonlist, and aspect
>> works fine here.
>

> Well I don't see why it should even matter. I certainly haven't changed
> anything.

Image behaviors are set by theme.  You are looking in the wrong buttonlist
(and moreover, the wrong window) entirely to see the attributes of the
channelicons in the EPG.

> I have noticed this same behavior on all widescreen themes and it was the
> same story in 0.21.

Therefore, all themes that you have used had the same settings.  .21 themes
have no bearing on trunk themes, they are fundamentally different.

> Nothing else on the screen is out of proportion, but every channel icon is
> forced into a set aspect ratio, regardless of that of the original image.
> This occurs in the EPG and the OSD which use separate themes anyway.
> Obviously, something isn't right and I haven't changed any of the themes.
> What could it be then?

If you want it not to be so, look to the correct buttonlist, in the correct
window, and change the preserveaspect attribute.

Robert