[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Glenn Sommer glemsom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 17:29:45 UTC 2009

In my house LiveTV is used about as much as recordings.
The main reason why LiveTV is still used in my house - is that mythtv
sometimes fails to record a show - but tuning into the same channel
using LiveTV always works. (note: This is NOT because there's any
conflicts or anything... MythTV simply does not always tune correctly
- and it has NO error handling/correction for that!)

So, if there's something I REALLY need to watch, I find LiveTV more
reliable compared to making a recording!

MythTV is still only in version 0.21 - so one should NOT expect it to
be ready for everyday use!