[mythtv-users] OT: To boldly go where no-one has gone before

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 15 13:37:37 UTC 2009

On 07/14/2009 10:15 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 07/10/2009 01:01 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>>> I've seen a lot of mixed up episode descriptions over the last 2 weeks
>>> or so. I've been meaning to check if it's a schedules direct or Myth
>>> issue, but haven't gotten to it.
>> This will happen if you use EIT on a channel on which you also use a grabber
>> (XMLTV or SD).  Are you sure you're not running in that (unsupported/broken)
>> configuration?
>>
> This was exactly the problem. Thanks.
>
> When I did the rescan after the analog TV shut-down, I had to enable EIT
> while the scan happened, otherwise the scan was totaly broken -- it used
> frequency numbers instead of chanel numbers, didn't pick up names, and
> something else I can't remember.
>
> Is this also known -- that EIT has to be turned on for the scan, then turned
> off ?

Haven't heard of an issue where EIT has to be enabled to get good
logical channel numbers and channel names.  If you used 0.21-fixes for
the scan, the channel scanner is being completely rewritten, so it's
probably very different in trunk.  If you used trunk, it may be worth
mentioning some of your details here so we can figure out whether there
is an issue.

Thanks,
Mike