[mythtv-users] My Fastest MythTV Install Ever!

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:53:45 UTC 2009

Mythbuntu is very good, still wish it had a better file manager than thunar
as stndard though, and similarly setup all the file shares.

Interestingly mythbuntu would not work on a via sp13000 system as the cpu
maxed out on playback but mythdora 5 works fine.

Which is a shame as at the time I had mythbuntu backend, wanted a mythbuntu
frontend and had two laptops running kubuntu with kde 4.

Have to admit I am now using windows 7 on the laptops.

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton
07899750400

On Jul 14, 2009 6:17 PM, "Ajay Sharma" <ajayrockrock at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Beny Spensieri Jr <benyjr at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > Today I reinstalled ...

Yeah, I recently had to add a frontend to my system and used MythBuntu (my
backend is Gentoo) and it was really smooth.  I think I'm going to redo my
backend using MythBuntu as well since it "just works".

--Ajay