[mythtv-users] Stuttering Video in some Live TV

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Mon Jul 13 13:47:52 UTC 2009

Simplest observations a Myth noob can offer:

1) There are various resolutions of HD broadcast output quality, so some
stations are simply more "demanding" for playback than others...
Shouldn't make a difference in general, but if you're on the margin, then
my (limited) experience is that the most intense HD programming will tip
the balance.

2) I also took to heart the forum advice that you should use a separate
disk for "watch live TV" storage from your OS/MySQL db.  I found that once
I moved my live tv storage volume to another disk, that greatly improved
stutter and other artifacts in playback.  This is a mythbackend setting.