[mythtv-users] Automatically changing EIT title to title and subtitle.

Tomi Makinen makinen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:08:13 UTC 2009

Hey,

We like to save our childrens recordings and now we have to export them
because of the naming. Those are named like "title : subtitle" and there is
not real subtitle. And those are always separate listings in the watch
recordings view.It would be much easier to use If I just could change the
naming automatically. I did it once with phpmyadmin, but would not like to
maintain it manually. I use DVB EIT to get the program data.

I would also be happy if I could define the Title field when making the
schedule and the real title would come to subtitle.
But perfect solution would be a user job that seeks that if there is
separator mark in title and no subtitle, then it would cut the subtitle out
of title and place it in subtitle.

I googled around and I quess there has been some fix for a specific grapped
for this, but is there any general workaround for this ?

- Tomi -