[mythtv-users] PVR-150 no volume control, mute, S-video

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Jul 12 19:34:38 UTC 2009

I'm running Ubuntu intrepid with Mythtv installed from Synaptic.
Almost everything works with good quality picture and sound.
Many, many thanks and much applause to the developers!.
The volume sllider and the mute indication do display on the OSD
but have no effect.
I had a real problem with the sound comiing from both the current source
and the recorded source until I changed preferences->sound preferences->
music and movies away from autodetect to either alsa or oss.
It doesn't seem to make any difference which one I select??

I would also like to be able to record from the S-Video injput to capture segments from my TiVo and VCR.
I can't seem to find any combination that works.
Thanks,
  Bert