[mythtv-users] Audio is not working for all files

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Fri Jul 10 21:06:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Steve V<olivuts at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

do  aplay -L to list your audio devices, watch for card # and device #
(I think)...

then use something like this for your mplayer command

mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=x.y -vo xv -afm hwac3

where x is your card number and y the device number for your digital output.

-vo xv tells it how to draw the video

-afm hwac3 tells it to pass through audio... I forgot off the top of
my head if you need a comm after this or not (as in -afm hwac3,) try
it both ways :)