[mythtv-users] FYI: Comcast basic cable in clear QAM

Nathan Ford zimans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:27:25 UTC 2009

A friend of mine has Comcast cable and told me today that Comcast has
started providing basic cable channels as clear QAM. There is no PSIP data,
so you may need to manually build a channel map, but it is there. This is in
the greater Boston area, so dunno how nation wide the change is. I did a
quick search of the list to see if this information had been posted before,
but didn't find any results, so hopefully this isn't old news.

--Nate