[mythtv-users] OT: SATA errors

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:18:30 UTC 2009

> OK, so for argument's sake, lets say that the onboard SATA controller is
> hosed and I go and get a PCI SATA controller.  Would I have to do anything
> special to get my system to boot from the drive?  Would I have to reinstall
> the OS or turn off anything in the BIOS?

If you remove all the current drives from the current controller and
move them to some other controller probably not. Otherwise you may
have to touch your grub setup and your /etc/fstab because the system
may see the drive in a different order. A live cd would probably be
needed to fix this. And no you would definitively not need to
reinstall for that reason.

John