[mythtv-users] OT: SATA errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 02:19:34 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote:

>>> No.  I have 4 SATA ports and they are on the motherboard itself.
>>>
>> I think John meant do you have any sort of cards in any mobo slots? If so,
>> remove them if you can, and put them back one by one if that changes things.
>>

> I was trying to gather whether or not your pci(-e) bus was working. If
> other cards are not experiencing problems it is doubtful that the
> motherboard is the cause.
>
> BTW, what is your chipset?
>
> John

The MB is an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with an nVidia nForce4 SLI x16
chipset (from the MB manual).  I have an nVidia GeForce 9400GT video
card in the PCI-e slot and a pcHDTV5500 tuner card in one of the regular
PCI slots.  Both are working fine.  The SATA ports are on the MB itself
as I mentioned earler.

Thanks for the help!
Harry