[mythtv-users] OT: SATA errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 02:10:58 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:

>>> Do you have cards in the motherboard slots?
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> No.  I have 4 SATA ports and they are on the motherboard itself.
>>

> I think John meant do you have any sort of cards in any mobo slots? If so,
> remove them if you can, and put them back one by one if that changes things.
>
> If you have a spare HDD I'd try a fresh installation onto it. Sounds like the
> system on your present disk is corrupt, but if this is because of a previous
> problem or a current one it's hard to say for sure.

Sorry.  Wasn't thinking clearly when I read that.   :-)   I have my
video card in 1 PCI-X slot (an nVidia GeForce 9400GT) and my pcHDTV-550
tuner card in a regular PCI slot.  Nothing else.  I may have a spare
drive laying around, but I doubt it's SATA.  Only IDE.  What will
installing on a non-SATA drive prove?  Just wondering, not trying to be
dense or difficult.

I suppose I could backup the database, copy it off of the system, and
reinstall fresh.  Then restore the DB before starting up Myth, right?

Thanks,
Harry