[mythtv-users] bad analog recordings from PVR-150

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:24:55 UTC 2009

> The source is plain old analog cable tv (ntsc).  I think the signal is
> reasonably good because my old tv gets a clean picture.
>
> I have looked through the ivtv docs quickly and don't see any easy way
> to change the capture resolution or bit rate.  I assume I will have to
> play around with v4l2-ctl ?

This is set in mythtv-setup. I record at the default 2.2GB/hr mode and
720x480 off my cable system. 480x480 at the same bitrate was bad. I
tried to view your sample on my windows box at work and it appeared to
not be a bitrate problem. Well that is if media player was viewing it
correctly. I will try that at home.

John