[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:16:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Kevin Wambsganz<wambs at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> This didn’t take long for the error to reappear. OK, I got the /dev/video0
> error again.
>
> Below is the error from the Myth Backend log
>
> 2009-07-08 18:03:30.552 MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: Device error detected

It is very strange that that is the first error message in the log.
Something is really strange with your setup.

> Is there any additional log data I can collect to help debug this?

Are you sure that is the first error message in the mythbackend log?
I would expect some DevRdB prefixed error message to come before that.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?