[mythtv-users] AU Guide Data?

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 05:17:55 UTC 2009

2009/7/9 Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>:
> Schedules Direct is looking to expand outside of the US.  The three
> largest groups of non-US/CA MythTV users are UK, DE, and AU.  All three
> of these countries have data options available, but AU is the only one
> with several different providers (both free and commercial).
>
> I'm wondering if any AU users would be willing to weigh in on the
> choices between paying for data from IceTV or one of the other
> commercial providers vs a free/open source like OzTivo.

Chris,

I currently use IceTV, as such I am obviously happy to pay for guide
data. Having said that I would support SD if they were to operate in
Australia. IceTV has plans to be a guide data provider for many of the
set top boxes and other commercial devices, I think they are more
likely to favour the mainstream commercial users over MythTV users.

The cost of the IceTV service is fairly high, AU$13 per month, AU$33
per 3 month, AU$99 per year. SD pricing is much more attractive.

I am happy to pay for the service as then you have some right to
expect quality guide data to be provided.

Cheers.