[mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jul 8 15:20:48 UTC 2009

> What happens when a recording is scheduled? Does it start and then run
> for the entire time, or does it start and then die?
>
> If it starts and then runs, do you see it as recording when switching
> to the LiveTV group but it stays at zero length?
>

> It appears to be recording the whole show. I use Mythweb to schedule my
> recordings, (I have used Myth Frontend to schedule recordings with the
> save result). When I go into backend status, it shows that the show is
> being recorded, but when I go into Recorded Programs, it shows the file
> size as being 0

You would find out more accurately what the back end thinks it's doing if you
look at the back end log. That should tell you when (it thought) the recording
started and stopped, which file (it thought) it wrote to, which tuner it used,
etc. Just using mythweb to ascertain status may not tell you much of the truth.

--

Mike Perkins