[mythtv-users] UK based system

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:01:36 UTC 2009

Hi Jason,

As Richard mentioned we are using the DVB-world USB HD2104 DVB-S & S2 cards
successfully with MythTv 0.21. The 2104 comes with its own power supply and
an external metal case. The advantage of using external USB DVB-S tuners is
that they do not place any electrical load on the motherboard PCI slots
(power has to be sent up to the LNB). We have successfully used 4 HD2104's
attached to a backend. The HD2104 receives the BBC HD channel without any
issues. We also use the Kworld KW-DVB-T 399U USB Dual DVB-T tuner stick
successfully as well - we've got systems with 3 x 399U's giving you access
to all 6 UK DVB-T MUX's.

We are using ATOM/Ion based frontend boxes and some ASUS P5N7-A based boxes
with nVidia 9400GT cards - both work very well with vdpau enabled.

All the best

Andrew

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Jason Ward <Jason.Ward at 3dtlimited.com>wrote:

> Your breivity is no problem, but what is dvb-s2?
>
> ------------------------------
> Jason Ward
> Cheif Technology Officer
> 3DT Limited