[mythtv-users] Analog input from HDTV Wonder under Fedora 11

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Tue Jul 7 03:53:16 UTC 2009

Thanks for the reply Jarod.

On Monday 06 July 2009 23:30:06 Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 06 July 2009 23:21:34 Harry Orenstein wrote:
>
> lirc_serial, correct? 2.6.29.6-211.fc11 or some such thing *should* get
> pushed to updates soonish, which carries the fixage.

Actually, lirc_i2c.  I think you posted a note elsewhere that there is a buffer
overflow problem that was fixed in CVS.

> In semi-related news... lirc_i2c is broken as all hell with 2.6.31 at
> the moment...

I guess my (formerly) secret plan to move to mce-usb is well-timed.  ;-)

> See /etc/modprobe.d/dist-oss.conf

Just noticed that right before I read your reply.  I uncommented the line.
Haven't rebooted yet nor tried to see if OSS screws up Pulse.  I'll post back
if I hit any snags.  Are you aware of any plans to drop OSS from Myth so this
doesn't remain an issue?

BTW: based on the topics of my post, I anticipated you might reply.  It brings
me comfort to know that the universe works in the way I hoped.   ;-)

-- Harry O.