[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 17:48:47 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 7/2/09, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

So... you recorded 9/11 to watch it later? There *are* occasions when you want to watch something as it happens.

[I realize I'm jumping in this thread late... and it appears to have been beat to death]
I live in Southern California.
Last fall we had a particularly nasty fire storm roll through town. Maybe you caught it on the news. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYT3ASpKSU>
Our house was directly down wind and right in the path of the fire.
<http://home.pacbell.net/clayt/fire04.jpg>
<http://home.pacbell.net/clayt/fire05.jpg>
News coverage was spectacular but of little use for determining exactly where the fire was heading.
Using MythTV, I was able to record four broadcasts and by jumping between them and studying mapquest, determine if and when it was time to hop in the car and run.
Had I been "channel surfing" I most probably would have missed the aerial shots that showed landmarks I recognized in order to track the fire's progress.

I didn't hear about 9/11 until I was in my car, on the way to work... don't watch TV workday mornings...