[mythtv-users] Stopping LiveTV (was Re: recording live tv and timeshifting how to stop?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 6 13:40:54 UTC 2009

On 07/06/2009 09:23 AM, bhaskins wrote:
> I don't want to hijack this thread, but my question is closely related.
> How do you stop livetv?
> If I use ctrl F4, or ESC, it leaves either or both the frontend and backend running.

You use ESC.  Both the frontend and backend should remain running (as
you didn't exit MythTV, but told it to stop recording LiveTV).  However,
I'm assuming you mean, "It leaves either or both the frontend still
thinking it's in LiveTV."  If so, your setup is broken.  How it's
broken, I couldn't tell you.

> The video may stop but the sound continues and I can only stop the sound by rebooting.

That likely means that you're not listening to the audio that's being
played through the recording but listening to the audio being captured
by your legacy framegrabber card.
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

> This is the same on both of my myth boxes which are running Ubuntu 9.04.

Then they're both misconfigured/broken.

Mike