[mythtv-users] comflaging in australia

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:41:46 UTC 2009

Not that I know off. I'm guessing you're asking this because the
accuracy can be a little off in Australia. The summary of postings
I've ever seen about it is as follows:

1) The comm flagging is written primarily for the US so works better
there than here in Australia.

2) Don't do any transcoding that automatically removes commercials
without checking where it's put the ad markers first, otherwise you're
very likley to lose parts of your programme.

3) Use the All Available Methods option for Advert Skip Method for the
best results in Steup -> T VSettings --> General, and don't tick
Strict Advert Detection.

Regards,
Phill