[mythtv-users] Sorry, but where again do you set up the "do not use" HDD head room parameter?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Jul 6 04:33:17 UTC 2009

stuart <stuart at xnet.com> says:
> I have another question:  Is is safe to assume that anything in the
> mythsetup program is common to all back ends?  That is, you can run the
> mythsetup program on any back end (master or slave) and that will be
> enough.  You don't have to run it on each back end box, right?

Some settings are common to all backends, and are labeled as
Global. The channel info is global, too. Tuners, Storage Groups, and
other settings are local.

> Then, is it safe to assume that anything in the setup menu of the
> mythfrontend program is unique to the box you are running on?

A few settings in mythfrontend|Setup are global; however, most are
local.

> (Some how I doubt it is as simple as that.)

Got it in one.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array