[mythtv-users] Sorry, but where again do you set up the "do not use" HDD head room parameter?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Jul 5 16:39:59 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 04/07/2009, stuart <stuart at xnet.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, but where again do you set up the "do not use" HDD head room
>> parameter?
>
> Mythfrontend Setup -> TV Settings -> General ->General (Autoexpire).
>
> The item is "Extra Disk Space" on the right hand side:
>
> "Extra disk space (in Gigabytes) that you want to keep free on the
> recording file systems beyond what MythTV requires."
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Ok, so I do not think this is working for me (I have it set to reserve
30GB of HDD space in my recordings directory).

Are there any other setting that could "trump" this rule?

By-The-Way: How does this work with -2- back ends each with their own
tuners and storage?  I always assumed I had to set this on both boxes
and that the settings were exclusive to that and only that box.

-thanks