[mythtv-users] Best strategy to intermix DVB-T & DVB-S cards in a single backend

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 11:54:40 UTC 2009

Hi John,

I have MythTV working here with the vdpau api using both nVidia 9400GT cards
and also on an ATOM330/Ion motherboard. I have successfully got BBC HD
working really nicely...in fact the picture quality on the ATOM is mind
blowingly excellent :-)

I have not managed to test ITV HD yet as that channel relies on the 'Red
button' to hot swap to HD on another PID when there is programming
available. So far the ITV Red button services seems to not work correctly on
the MythTV MHEG engine. Also noticed that the BBC HD channel has working
MHEG but the multi-screen pages do not display (they work fine on the DVB-T
SD channels)

So overall I would say Freesat is worth it to see how eye wateringly good HD
can be with MythTV if you have the right video driver! Another reason is
also if your DVT-T reception is a little flaky... as it is in the evenings
for me!

Cheers

Andrew