[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 01:04:23 UTC 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 8:45 AM, Harley Peters wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:27:52 -0700
> Brad DerManouelian <bderman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 2, 2009, at 8:11 PM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have your STB set up to force 720p or 1080i all the time?
>>> The hdpvr still doesn't like resolution changes and that can cause
>>> the driver to crash sometimes.
>>
>> This being said, I still don't think it's actually the cause of the
>> problem since I can reboot everything and start with a bad recording
>> without any resolution change.
>
> Turn your tv on.
> Turn  the cable box off.
> Press the menu button on the front of the cable box.
> Look for the option HDMI/YPbPr set it to 720P using the arrow and
> select buttons.
> Set the option 4:3 OVERRIDE to off using the arrow and select buttons.
> Press the menu button again and turn on the cable box and your done.

I've got both my STB's outputting 720p content only. I still have the
same problem. Randomly some programs record, some don't. The same
program that failed will at some point record correctly.

Firewire is equally unreliable. So frustrating to not being able to
record any more. Maybe Astound cable wasn't such a good idea. DirecTV
never gave me these problems.

-Brad