[mythtv-users] Confused about where the mysql data base is on a Debian mythtv box...

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Jul 4 17:40:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 11:37:35AM -0500, stuart wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I am confused about several things.  But before I get into what I really
> want to do - I would like to know where the mysql data base is on
> standard Debian Mythtv box.  I think it is in the directory
> "/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg".  But last my myth network stopped working
> - there were indications that mysql was trying to access the totally
> full partition where the recordings were stored.  Which, BTW, is in a
> different partition than the "/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg" directory is.

...you also have to worry about transaction logs. If they don't have a
filesystem to write to, your database tends to stop. This is usually
in /var/log/mysql.

[deletia]

   As far as Debian/Ubuntu and mysql, you need to worry about /var/log/mysql
and /var/lib/mysql.

   Trunk also has a tendency to run amok with the log files for mythfrontend
and mythbackend and you can fill up a volume with those too.