[mythtv-users] DVI or HDMI to Composite video

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 04:32:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Leigh Sharpe <lsharpe at pacificwireless.com.au
> wrote:

> Does your TV have S-VHS input? If so, you should be able to use an nVidia
> Ge-Force card with S-VIDEO out. I do, and it works a treat.
> I can see from some of the documentation that the X Config has a
> 'composite' option for these cards, but I'm not sure how you would hook it
> up. This page may have some tips:
>
> http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php
>
> Leigh.
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Sparks" <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au

Get a video card like an Nvidia 6200 with S-Video output.  You can buy and
S-Video to Composite adapter for 84 cents
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040105&p_id=79&seq=1&format=2

this will be much better than trying to convert from RGB, which would be
easier than converting from DVI.

I have an RGB to S-Video converter that was several hundred dollars and it
is crap compared to what I get out of my 6200 card.

That said, that was a long time ago and for $27 you might just try one of
these.  Moneyback guarantee and good reviews.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011407&p_id=4724&seq=1&format=4#feedback

Allen