[mythtv-users] Problems with remote on FC10, lirc_serial and Kernel 2.6.27.25

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 3 23:46:39 UTC 2009

Michael Jones wrote:
> After:
>
> setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
> setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none
>
> ...and...
>
> modprobe lirc_serial
>
> ...and...
>
> irw
>
> Here's the lines about lirc at the tail end of dmesg.
>

> lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
>

> - Michael

Michael,
    If that is the order of commands you are using, you missed lircd. In
order for irw to see anything, the lirc daemon needs to be running.
in Fedora 10 you can run (as root)

service lircd start

There is another command you can try before loading lircd, to see if the
driver is receiving any data

mode2

or from inside X

xmode2

Either program will show the raw information coming from the receiver.
On my home made serial IR receivers, it will even show random IR noise
coming from outside or fluorescent lights in the room. The mp3anywhere
receiver may not do that, since it is specific to that remote.

- Richard