[mythtv-users] dvico remotes and suspend to RAM on gentoo ... (LIRCfails to resume)

allan sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 2 21:53:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 08:17 -0600, James Van Vleet wrote:
> >Any tips to resolve this if you have got it working on Gentoo with
> other
> >remotes?
>
> I have my system working with resume from remote on Gentoo with a USB
> IR.  One of the big things that might help you (no matter the distro) is
> to tell the system the remote can wake up the system:
>
> echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo "USB1" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo "USB2" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo "USB3" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo "USB4" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo "USB6" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo "USB7" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
>
> This was the little documented key for me.  I stuffed it in my
> local.start but there is probably a cleaner way.  BTW "cat
> /proc/acpi/wakeup"  will tell you what devices are allowed to wake up
> the system.
>

> This is in my .lircrc:
>
> begin
>  button = Power
>  prog = irexec
>  repeat = 0
>  config = /usr/sbin/hibernate-ram
> end
>
> Finally you do have to make certain all the right bits are turned on
> your BIOS.  If your power button does not work to resume I would bet on
> the BIOS.
>
> If you need anything else let me know.
>

> -James

Thanks James,

I actually already have all of this. Aside from the power button not
working, I have the issue that the if I wake the system up (from the
power button as that is all that works). ACPI suspend to RAM is
definitely enabled, and I have set it to accept any input as a wake up
call.

I need to restart the lirc daemon and then Mythtv as well. I tried using
the hibernate scripts to shutdown myth, then restart lirc before
restarting myth on wakeup, but it didn't work.

>From other posts that I have read it looks like people are having more
success on older kernels, so I will try this. I have posted to the LIRCC
list as well, in case it is a bug upstream.. but the list appears dead
(3 mails in 24 hours)

Regards

Allan.