[mythtv-users] Interfacing Zotac IONITX to Analog TV

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Thu Jul 2 17:48:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Thomas Mørch <tmorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/7/2 Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>
>
>>  On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Thomas Mørch<tmorch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Isn't there an "old" analogue VGA connector on it? (It says so in the
>> specs
>> > for the board)
>> Yes -- the board has DVI, HDMI, and VGA outputs.  However,
>> well-reviewed VGA->TV converters are also in the $100 range.
>>
>  I was hoping that it could be used with something like this :
> http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/circuit ? (I was hoping it
> could, then I could just find the components at work, and make one my
> self..)
>
> / Thomas

Thomas,

  That would only work for a TV with SCART input, or RGB input here in the
US, which is pretty rare.

  It would work if the video card can be configured to output Component
Video on the Analog RGB pins, but as others have noted, most NVidia cards do
not.

  The DVI connector *appears* to have the Analog pins on it, but that
doesn't necessarily mean they're connected to anything on the
motherboard...  :-(

J-e-f-f-A