[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 2 15:53:08 UTC 2009

On 07/02/2009 03:46 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Jean-Yves Avenard says:
>
>> The concept of "best recorder" is also a bit flawed I believe in
>> what I believe is the most common mythtv setup: people with a dual
>> tuner card, all tuners have the same priority ...
>>
> I think Mike misinterpreted your above statement. I agree that it
> would be nice to be able to tell the scheduler that multiple tuners
> are identical in recording quality and thus completely fungible (such
> as in my case, where all programs--whether cable or over-the-air--are
> written directly to disk in pure MPEG-2 streams directly from the
> providers).

Ah, yes.  I did misunderstand.  In the case described (a couple of
identical inputs), the LiveTV user should just enable, "Avoid
conflicts..." and Myth will generally do the right thing.  Of course, if
you only have 2 inputs and you happen to have 2 concurrent recordings
such that the one on input 1 finishes first and you enter LiveTV while
the 2nd input is still in use, you'll still get the first/most-preferred
input, but if that happens frequently, a new capture card would likely
solve the problem...  :)

Mike