[mythtv-users] [OT] what projector specs affect perceived image quality the most

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:05:58 UTC 2009

I am looking at projectors (on a budget as usually), and I am trying
to decide which features have the most impact on the perceived image
quality. I recall seeing a good article for HDTVs that basically
ranked the various specs in terms of their impact on the perceived
quality. As I recall contrast was the most important, but I can't find
the reference. I know that resolution is usually the poster boy for
image quality, but I believe it is actually less significant in terms
of perceived quality than others. Can anybody give me a good
reference, or order the specs (e.g. brightness, contrast, resolution)
and explain why? I just want to be informed on the trade offs as I
compare models.