[mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Thu Jul 2 11:23:44 UTC 2009

mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:10:39 -0400
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 2nd attempt, recorded files are empty
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 07/01/2009 04:28 AM, Peter Hocking wrote:
>
>> Recorded 2 shows, both ended around 5.30 this afternoon, MASH started
>> at 5.00, the other at 5.03. Both recordings were empty files
>>
>> 2009-07-01 16:58:29.115 Started recording: M*A*S*H "Hawk's Nightmare":
>> channel 1006 on cardid 1, sourceid 1

>> 2009-07-01 17:31:31.667 Finished recording M*A*S*H "Hawk's Nightmare":
>> channel 1006
>> When the logs show Myth starting the recording on time and finishing the
>> recording on time with no recording errors yet the file is not created,
>> it means that Myth is getting no data at all from the capture card.
>> This is generally due to a problem with the card/drivers/configuration.
>>
>> Make sure your capture is working outside of Myth, then find out what
>> Myth is doing differently.
>>
>> Mike

Hi Mike

Live TV works fine, I've watched hours of live TV on my MythTV box
without any problem.

Live TV is fine under XBMC on a Windows box on my network & fine under
VLC on other PCs on my network. So I'm guessing the HD Homerun is fine.
Also, if I start the MythTV box recording a show when I'm watching live
TV works just fine. It's only scheduled recordings

Thanks,

Peter