[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Jul 2 06:21:51 UTC 2009

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> That would probably be more optimal. As they say, "patches welcome!" ;)

I suspect the real answer is that Myth's scheduler just isn't very
agile.  I've noticed when I add a new show it takes a minute or two for
the scheduler to add it to the upcoming recordings list, so it probably
just can't reschedule fast enough to cope with that kind of situation.

This also poses problems for joining something "in progress" without
LiveTV.  I don't think the scheduler will start a recording on a show
that's already started; I think it will always try to wait for the next
showing.