[mythtv-users] The $99 frontend is here. Is this too good to be true?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 2 06:11:11 UTC 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009 01:21:31 Bill Williamson wrote:

> > > Again, the options are:
> >
> > The options *if your feed(s) is/are h.264*. Again, mine aren't.
> >

> The other thing is, can your machines deinterlace 1080i mpeg2 HD content
> such that it doesn't look horrible?  Even for sports?

Yes.

> Mine cannot without VDPAU, and they're not top of the line but they are
> middle of the line (AMD64 5500+ type thing)

If I'm remembering correctly, I don't actually have *any* deinterlacer
enabled. I really should do some research some day to figure out why
I don't need one. Its either that my set (a 1080p LCD) does deint for
me, or by virtue of feeding a perfect 1080p signal to it, one simply
isn't needed. Or maybe I do have one enabled. Anyway, yes, my 1080i
mpeg2 HD content looks very much non-horrible, even for sports.

(I'd just go double-check if a deint filter is enabled, but I'm out
of town on vacation right now).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com