[mythtv-users] gentoo, latest mythtv - mythfrontend has no text

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 2 04:40:55 UTC 2009

On 07/01/2009 09:28 PM, sonofzev at iinet.net.au wrote:
> Actually since I installed VDPAU, I'm spewing that I didn't hold on to my old
> Athlon 64 3500+ and 3700+ from 5 years ago... I really don't need the power of
> the 4200+ and Opty 170 anymore.....

The 3500+, 3700+ and 4200+ are /all/ 89W TDP processors.  So, really,
the power (performance) of the 4200+ is free.  The 170 is a 110W TDP
processor, so that one is costing you a bit more.

However, I'd actually recommend powering down to a nice AMD Athlon 5050e
(45W TDP) 2.6GHz dual core processor.  If you don't need the power of
the 4200+, might as well get more powerful (performance) for less
power... :)

Now, if your regret is simply buyer's regret (i.e. you wish you had the
money you spent on upgrading your processors), that's a whole other story.

Mike