[mythtv-users] myblaster and new dish stb. *sigh*

William william_munson at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 22:56:05 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 July 2009 11:57:21 Ajay Sharma wrote:
>

>> I found references to the code that's supposed to put the myblaster in
>> "learning" mode but the site was down.  Good ol' wayback machine saved it
>> though!
>>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.iotzov.com/files/MyBlaster14.1.tar.
>> gz
>>

> Great, thanks. I may need that someday.
>
> Looks like a squatter on that domain, I've seen that graphic with the blonde
> many times, I'd think that backpack would be getting heavy by now.

Glad to see that someone is still using my code. There is a reported
problem with the 1.4.1 release that affects the learning of the zero
character. The learning mode was submitted by one of my users and I
released it without actually testing it. (I was no longer using mine). I
suspect that if you look at the codes learned by the other digits it
will become obvious what the code for 0 should be and just manually add
it to the list. Of course, your milage will vary.....

PS - The code was available from sourceforge.net last time I checked.

William Munson