[mythtv-users] Ownership problem on recordings.

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:32:51 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 john blue <rwc at bestpond.com>

> My system comprises 2 computers:
> .
> System 1. FE/BE with 2 tuners which is intended to be the dedicated MythTV
> main media centre;
>
> System 2. separate FE/BE on my general office system also with 2 tuners.
>
> All systems use AMD x86_64 Athlon processors, on Gigabyte motherboards. All
> tuners are Leadtek Winfast
> DVT-1000 T.  I am running SuSE11.1 with mythtv installed from the binaries
> from the Packman repository,
> present Myth version is 0.21.20080304-1  I have not installed any mythtv
> from source.
>
> I am using storage groups with 3 hard drives in system 1, and 2 drives in
> System 2  I am using NFS to share
> all drives, and had a few issues there. Both machines run NFS server to
> export the directories/drives, and
> both machines run NFS-client to import the other machines directories. I
> used Yast2 to set these up.
> [snip details]
>

> I would appreciate any advice to assist in resolving what is causing the
> recordings to be owned by root, and
> on a solution to remedy this.

Hi John,

I'm not sure if it's relevent (I use NFS on NetBSD, and set it up by hand so
it may be slightly different.) but in the nfs configuration you can specify
an override to use for the user/group access.

Have a look in /etc/exports on the NFS server.

Find the lines that exports your storage directories and try adding:
-mapall=mythtv:users

eg:

/home/mythtv/store/disk1/default -mapall=mythtv:users

This should map any and all incoming NFS requests for that mount to the
user/group you specify (in this case mythtv/users)

If it's just failing for myth and working for other things, and/or you need
to be able to support more than one user/group combo there's a '-maproot'
option that works in the same way, but only for incoming connections from
root. As you are writing everything as root this option will probably do
what you want too.

Cheers,

Ian