[mythtv-users] Core 2 Duo iMac, terrible performance as front end

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:42:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:31 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>      The AppleTV (nv based) and the Mini (Intel based) both seem to do
> well enough. I quickly dumped ATI after using it on my first dedicated
> frontend and will never use their stuff again.

So it's an ATI driver issue? Anything I can do? It seems a real shame that a
pretty beefy machine like this can't push HD or even SD, when my less
powerful Macbook laptop could render them just fine. I suppose I could
install Ubuntu on it, I wonder if I can wedge it into my NTFS Windows 7
partition via Wubi...