[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jan 30 12:13:17 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:

> [1] I find the UK Radio Times data very consistent over time, although
> it does not provide programid data and occasionally contains errors. I
> update the RT XMLTV grabber to correct any inconsistencies where
> reasonable to do so. The EIT data provided by DVB-T/S does provide
> programid, allowing series-link to works its wonders within MythTV.
> Thanks to the devs for providing this functionality - I'm looking
> forward to 0.22 which should allow a more graceful coexistence of
> DVB-T and DVB-S EIT data.

Hah! Just try recording "The Sky at Night" every month. I usually end up with
three recordings, two with different subtitles for what is obviously the same
programme, and a third one with the same subtitle as one of the above but ten
minutes longer!

And don't get me started on the rash of programmes we have had lately where the
lazy data entry clerk has put the subtitle on the same line as the title, so a
standard rule doesn't match. The whole series of "Secrets of Egypt" was like
that, there are others I could name.

A fix for the latter problem could be quite easy: If there's a colon in the
title field, and the subtitle field is empty, parse out the colon and what's
after it and assume it's the subtitle. I'm not holding my breath.

--

Mike Perkins