[mythtv-users] DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB now supported (af9015)

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 05:31:09 UTC 2009

The latest v4l-dvb drivers now fully support the TinyTwin
and many other af9015 based chipsets – there's quite a
few. I have been testing this for weeks now and have found
it quite stable – using the TinyTwin on my home MythBox.

Download and install the latest v4l-dvb drivers as
documented here:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_install_DVB_device_drivers

Download the firmware from:
http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/4.95.0/dvb-usb-af9015.fw

and copy to your firmware directory (/lib/firmware on
Ubuntu).

Then reboot. The TinyTwin tuners should appear as normal,
I.e /dev/dvb/adaptor<n> and adaptor<n+1>

1st time around the frontend for the second adapter may fail
to appear, just remove and reinsert the TT and it should be
fine. I've never seen the problem repeat itself.

Eventually the driver will make its way into the linux
kernel, but I have no idea when :)

Lindsay Mathieson
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album