[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings, new card

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 30 01:06:50 UTC 2009

On 01/29/2009 06:06 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> I'm guessing because the programid field is not empty, the scheduler
> is using this information in preference to the subtitle info - and
> determining that there are 2 unique showings of "Beating the Bully" to
> be recorded.

Yes.  If programid is present on both episodes, it is the final
authority, regardless of specified duplicate matching method.

If either episode is missing a programid, duplicate matching is
performed according to the method specified by the rule (i.e.
title/subtitle/description, title/subtitle, title/description, or whatever).

The seriesid is not used in determining whether shows are the same
series or not, nor is it used for duplicate matching.  This means you
may record the 1993 movie "King of the Hill" because you have a rule for
recording the TV show "King of the Hill" on any channel at any time, but
it's /much/ better to record something you don't need than to miss an
episode.  The same applies to the 1986 or the 2008 movies "House" if you
have an any time/any channel rule for the TV show, "House."  Even though
the seriesid's differ, the title's are identical, so the movies will
match.  The seriesid is more informational than anything.

Mike