[mythtv-users] Getting schedule info for BBC3 + BBC4

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jan 29 18:18:21 UTC 2009

Mike Holden wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>> Now I'm getting mystified by this. Just checked mythweb, and I still have
>> "choice" and "knowledge", and I've got a full fortnight's worth of EPG
>> (after
>> 7pm, of course). Haven't had a mfdb error either since before Christmas.
>
> You need to update the xmltvid in 2 places - sounds like you only changed
> one?
>
> First, change the YourChannel.xmltv file on your filesystem, probably
> either in /var/lib/mythtv or /home/yourmythtvuser/.xmltv or similar.
>
> Secondly, you need to change the xmltvid in the channel details within
> MythTV, which you can do either in mythweb or mythtv-setup.
Nope. Been there, done that. If I have an xmltvid in the file that isn't in the
database, I get a new channel created next time mfdb runs. Doesn't happen with
BBC3/BBC4.

I got so fed up with db/file mismatches I now generate the file from the
database with a hack mysql script run after I do any updating.

--

Mike Perkins