[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:41:25 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/30 James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org>:
> I figured I would try the .21 patch. I normally run svn but have not been
> able to update my backend to anything past FC6 yet. I have an ASUS mb with
> an AMD X2 5000+ processor and NVidia 9200. For some reason video playback
> with vdpau enabled is sluggish / unwatchable. Anything I should be looking
> at with this? v180.22 drivers, 256M video memory, 1080 res.

What deinterlacing option did you use?

My 9400GT isn't fast enough to do any of the double-rate deinterlacer
for HD contend.
So I've set a rule to use for anything <= 720: Advanced 2X, and for
content > 720: Advanced 1X

256MB of video RAM isn't much and people have reported issue with such
a low video RAM.
You should try the drivers 180.25, nvidia said they have improved the
memory usage..