[mythtv-users] "Error was encountered while displaying video" when changing channel

Ben Newman ben at ultraswank.com
Thu Jan 29 09:53:28 UTC 2009

So I've been living with this issue for a couple of years now, but I'm
doing some other work on the box and I would like to kill this issue
if at all possible.  I have a Hauppauge PVR-500 receiver.  One uses
input straight cable and the other is connected to a cable box so I
can get all the digital cable channels.  The straight cable connection
works fine, but whenever I change channels while watching live TV with
the input that uses the cable box I'm kicked back to the main menu
with a "Error was encountered while displaying video" message.
Afterward I can watch TV again and its successfully switched to the
new channel.  Looking at the logs I can see this:

2009-01-29 01:24:38.825 MythSocket(83bd5d0:-1): writeStringList:
Error, socket went unconnected.

Any ideas?

--
~Ben Newman