[mythtv-users] Cannot select menu options

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:50:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:01 AM, Matthew <m.mythtv at grojguys.com> wrote:

>  On 1/28/2009 12:46 AM, Ma Begaj wrote:
>
> 2009/1/28 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
>

>  A couple of times a day for about a week I get strange behavior in the
> menus.  For example, when you exit a show and want to delete it you
> right click and a menu shows up.   This menu has options like play,
> edit, delete, and others I don't remember.  One entry is normally
> highlighted and you can move the selection up or down with the arrow
> keys.  What happens is that nothing is highlighted and you can't make
> anything highlight and hitting enter does nothing.  I have to escape
> out then go back in at which point all is well.
>
> I searched the archives and find nothing.  Anyone have a clue?
>

>  this usually happens when you do not use any window manager. if you do
> something like autologin
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Auto_Login
> ), you maybe forgot to
> use window manager. which one do you use? maybe try another one.
>
>  Yes, I had the same problem, and indeed the problem was no window
> manager, as Ma Begaj suggested.

Well, that is probably it.  Not too long ago, with the help of this list, I
did change my configuration.  I have an LCD screen that gets the ubuntu
desktop and a SVideo TV that gets mythfrontend.  If I close Mythfrontend, I
am left with this odd blue desktop with some kind of animal in the center
with the letters KFCE.

Is there something I should do or do I live with it.  I want the normal
desktop on the LCD so I can do system level things, call up mythweb, and
firefox there.

Allen