[mythtv-users] I've lost the ability to record digital tv from cable

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:21:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Adam Felson <a.f.9 at pobox.com> wrote:

> All my recordings from digital cable tv, via my HDHomeRun are failing.
> MythWeb shows then with a file size of "B".  The front end says it can't
> find
> the files.
>
> I can record fine from my plextor convertX analog capture boxes.
> I can record fine using my HDHomeRun for HiDef digital tv from an antenna.
>
> I don't think the cable company shuffled the frequencies again.  I tried
> mythtv's live tv display for a cable company HDTV channel.  It took a long
> time to display, but eventually displayed.

Live tv, you mean coming from the HDHomeRun?  So you're able to watch the
same channels in live tv that you can't record from, using the same tuner,
but it takes a long time to first display.  Sounds like it's having a hard
time getting a lock on the signal.  First thing I'd check is your
connections.  Make sure all the coax connections are secure.  How many times
are you splitting the signal going to the HDHomeRun?  Did you add a new
split recently?  Also try temporarily connecting the main coax right into
the HDHR and see if you can record then.

-Jerry