[mythtv-users] Cheapest MacBook now VDPAU-compatible

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:30:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/1/28 Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>:
>> not if you also want to transfer audio which is especially useful for
>> BluRay or 5.1
>
> Why that?
>
> The macbook has an optical output, you can perfectly do 5.1 with it
> without problem.

ah, that I did not know! when did they start adding that?
 in that case all it doesn't get you is the new losslessly compressed
audio on BluRay, of which there is no software for Mac anyway (I guess
you'd have to boot your 'legally obtained copy of' Windows to watch
them).

sadly my lenovo order got canceled (argh, they're no IBM...) so I'll
now be looking at a macbook again, helps that my good friend works
part-time at Apple and gets a discount =)

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff