[mythtv-users] VPDAU and Nvidia GPU running on non-Nvidia motherboard?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:33:36 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/28 R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>:
> It is everything to do with the driver. I wouldn't say '...causes Mythtv to
> be compiled....no longer work'. Myth compiled in a straightforward manner
> without error. But Mythyv thereafter failed to play properly.

I can understand while it would break the code if you installed the
full nvidia drivers as it replaces system include files and libraries.

But not using the ubuntu package I've published, the vdpau libraries
are independent of the nvidia drivers so you can safely install those
without breaking your existing system...

Unfortunately, I don't think the ATrpms nvidia package separated the
vdpau libraries and made them a separate install.. Would need to ask
Axel to look into that ... He responds very quickly and is very
efficient , so I have no doubt it won't be a problem for him..

Jean-Yves