[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Mark markhsa at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 27 16:38:41 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> says:
>
>> Let's assume the patch gets added to -fixes without the review
>> process, and though it works for those seeking VDPAU, it breaks some
>> features used by other users. Now you've turned a stable branch into
>> an unstable one.
>>

> I'm the one who encouraged Jean-Yves to create a ticket. Neither he
> nor I intended, or expected, his patch to ever be added to 0.21-fixes;
> both my message, and his abundant disclaimers both on the ticket and
> here, make that clear. The ticket was always meant simply as a means
> of providing a reference point for those brave enough to patch their
> own systems who want to stay updated on any changes (perhaps by adding
> themselves to the Cc: list).

I would humbly suggest that some people on this list simply need to just
relax.  Its mostly for fun remember?
Just because you develop code for mythtv ( and we are grateful and
express that frequently ) does not give you some elevated life status
with which to berate users or be rude and condescending.   Really.